Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 1 after Liberation Procedure

I had the procedure yesterday morning. It took a total of about an hour and then I layed in bed for a total of about 6 hours. Although the doppler scan showed a 23% blockage on my left jugular vein, the venogram confirmed there was actually a 70% blockage. The venopasty went well and successfully returned normal blood flow. The right vein showed a 30% blockage with the venogram so no venoplasty was done on that vein. (Generally require a >49% block for venoplasty). The asygous vein did not show any blockage.

After the first hour, I noticed a noticeable relaxation of my left hand. Although very weak, I could wiggle my fingers and there was no stiffness. It was of course difficult to see any other changes as I was supposed to lay still.

This morning, I am walking with more balance and fluidity. There is still lots of stiffness and weakness. I don't want to give anyone the impression that all is back to normal overnight but I am seeing positive changes and I'm looking forward to seeing more over the next period of time. Today is a resting day...light stretching and not over doing anything.

Guess I'll have to just relax by the pool. :O)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! So happy it went well Holly!! Rest now, while you still can! lol.

    ReplyDelete